Sukkot Decorations to Make with Young Children
Free-form Foil Fruit
Materials: newspaper, aluminum foil, masking tape, tempera paints, brushes, string for hanging
- Crumple newspaper into a fist sized ball.
- Mold sheets of foil around it to make different fruit shapes.
- Paint with tempera paint. The foil will show through, giving the fruit a shiny effect.
- When paint is dry, use sharp instrument to make a hole through the top and put a string through the hole for hanging in the sukkah.
Glittery Craft Dough Star
Materials: craft dough, glitter, string
- Use your favorite craft dough recipe to make stars using cookie cutters, or cut two triangles from the dough and place on top of the other upside down to form a Star of David.
- While the dough is still damp, sprinkle on glitter and make a hole in the top to thread string through for hanging.
Links of Love
Materials: construction paper, stapler
- Make standard paper chains to decorate the sukkah.
- Have children decorate their links with self-drawn pictures of people they love.