Vegan Purim Pasta with Cabbage, Poppy Seeds & Pepitas
Honor vegan Queen Esther by making this vegan pasta dish for Purim.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the pepitas on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- Slice the onion into semi-circles and sauté in olive oil and salt.
- Slice the cabbage into long slices and add to the onions when they are translucent. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta.
- Add the chickpeas, parsley and poppy seeds to the onion and cabbage mixture and mix to combine. Add the pepitas, reserving a handful for garnish.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water and add it to the mixture. Optional: also add 1/2 cup chickpea cooking water.
- Add the pasta into the mix and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with pepitas and serve.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet.