Vegan Matzah Brie
What do you make the morning after the Passover seder? Matzah brie! I tried it with tofu two different ways, but it was just too much tofu. The quinoa flakes work great in matzah balls and just as great in this matzah brie. It tastes just like the matzah brie my Grandpa Abe made during Passover when we were little - lots of matzah, not so much brie!
- Boil the water. In a bowl, mix the crumbled matzah and the quinoa flakes.
- Pour the hot water over the matzah and quinoa and let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes. It is ready when the water is absorbed.
- In a skillet, melt some Earth Balance and pour the matzah-quinoa mixture in. Flatten it down and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- After a few minutes, scramble it to give all sides a chance to crisp up.
- Serve with a few pats of Earth Balance, a dash of salt, and maple syrup.
Lisa Dawn Angerame is living as a vegan for her family's health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. She blogs at LisasProjectVegan.com.