This recipe will make your Passover week! It is delicious with milk for breakfast, and a healthy snack for school or work.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the farfel, almonds, coconut, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a 3-quart mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and honey in a small glass bowl in a microwave for 1 minute until butter is melted and honey is more fluid.
- Stir the butter mixture into the farfel mixture until all farfel is lightly coated with the butter.
- Spread the mixture over a large jelly roll pan with 1-inch sides and bake for 15 minutes until deep golden brown. Halfway through baking, stir to brown evenly.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely and toss with the dried fruit.
- When totally cooled, store in a ziplock bag or airtight storage container for all eight days of Passover—if it lasts that long!
- To prevent burning, never pre-roast nuts if they will be baked in the oven.
- This recipe can be made with old-fashioned oatmeal when Passover ends.
- Salt should always be added in a small quantity to a sweet mixture to bring out the flavors of the individual foods but not lend a salty taste to the dish.
- If making ahead, leave out fruit until the day you want to use it so farfel doesn’t get soggy.