Give Children Tools for Reflection
Mirrors of Reflection
- Purchase an inexpensive mirror for each child at a dollar or craft store.
- Give children various media--sponge pieces, sequins, beads, glitter-- to decorate around the frame.
- Tell the children to look in their mirror when they need to think about themselves and make decisions about how to act.
Traffic Lights for Reflection
Use a traffic light to stop (RED), reflect (YELLOW) and go to new things (GREEN).
- Use a rectangle of paper for the traffic light base and circles of red, yellow and green for the lights.
- Under the red, write "Stop and think."
- Under the yellow, place a circle of tin foil, metallic paper or a small round 3-inch mirror and write "Reflect."
- Under the green, write, "Go make a difference."
- Chant: Red on top! Stop! Stop! Stop! Yellow in the middle, reflect a little! Green below! Now go, go, go!